THE ORGAN at
The original organ was built by Norman and Beard of Norwich in 1894 and installed in the Chancel of the church and remained unchanged for half a century. In 1960 a decision was taken to move the organ to its present position on the West wall, with a new two manual console with electrical action in the Chancel where the old organ used to stand. However, accompanying the choir presented problems because of the delay of the sound reaching the Chancel. In 1983 a small chamber organ was constructed by Boullivant behind the console in the window recess of the Chancel.
Following another fifty years, the organ became both unreliable and difficult to maintain, so the PCC decided to raise funds for a major refurbishment The generosity of the parishioners of the Benefice, through five years of fund raising, enabled a complete rebuild of the Nave organ and a refurbishment of the Chancel organ and console. In 2011 the entire organ was removed and re-built with the pipes (nearly 900) cleaned, re-worked and voiced. Some pipes were added or replaced. The action has a solid state digital control which has allowed the provision of a piston system for greater flexibility. In addition both the Nave and Chancel organs now have digitally produced 16' stops.
Peter Collins Ltd of Melton Mowbray carried out the work, costing £70,000. The organ was re-dedicated by the Bishop of Oxford at a service of Candlemas on 2nd February 2012.